It isn’t easy to give a specific cost for replacing a roof in Calgary, Alberta, as the cost can vary depending on several factors, such as the size of the roof, the materials used, and the job’s complexity.
Roof replacement can be a significant expense, as it is a major home improvement project.
Replacing a roof can be a costly endeavour, which is why it’s crucial to know the signs that you need a replacement, the factors that can impact the cost, an average price guide, and how to find the best roofing company to do it.
Keep reading to find out everything you need to know about replacing your roof, including the signs that replacement is necessary, common price points, how to influence cost factors, and where to find a reputable roofing company.
Signs You Need To Replace Your Roof
A few key signs will let you know when to replace your roof.
These include cracks, curled or missing shingles, continuous leaks, and sagging in the ceiling.
If your shingles or shakes are old or broken, this is another signal that you need to replace your roof.
If you believe your roof may have sustained damage from the sun, hail, wind or ice, it is crucial to get an inspection as soon as possible.
If you haven’t replaced your roof in more than 20 years or don’t regularly maintain it, there’s a good chance that now is the time to start getting quotes for replacement.
How Much Are Roof Replacements?
Several factors impact the cost of a complete roof replacement, such as
- The quality of the roofing material
- The size, pitch and slope of your roof
- The removal of the current roof
- The company and their workmanship quality
- Any unexpected issues that might arise during the project
For an accurate estimate of how much your specific project might cost,
Get a Free Quote from Hubbard Roofing.
However, it’s crucial to have a basic understanding of the costs so you’re not surprised by the numbers. Research indicates the following prices:
- HomeAdvisor states that “nationally, the average homeowner spends about $8,255 to install a new roof, and most spend within a range of $5,421 and $11,123.”
- Fixr offers similar rates, suggesting that homeowners spend between “$7,000 and $12,000, with most people paying around $9,000 for a 2,000 sqft. roof with architectural shingles on a 2-story home.”
- HomeStars breaks down the numbers by the materials of choice, pointing out that “Asphalt shingles are one of the most affordable roofing solutions available, which is why they are so popular among homeowners.”
Asphalt Shingles $11,609 $4,000 $38,000 Metal Roof $19,460 $500 $40,000 New Roof Installation $9,276 $100 $50,000 Roofing Repair $1,930 $100 $7,800
Costs as of February 2021* (Source – HomeStars)
- HomeGuide says that it costs “$4,707 – $10,460 ($450 Per Square)” per roof replacement, but they do note that it is “depending on the size and material of your roof.”
That’s why it’s best to talk to an experienced local company to avoid surprises on your final costs.
What To Look For In A Roofing Company
When choosing a roofing company in Calgary, Alberta, or any other location, it is essential to research and choose a reputable and experienced company to replace your roof. Here are some factors to consider:
- License and insurance: Make sure the roofing company is licensed and insured. This will protect you in case of any accidents or damage during the roofing project.
- Experience and expertise, particularly for specific roofing materials and styles.
Family-owned and local operations mean a more focused service for you.
- Reputation and reliability amongst their customer base, which can be checked by Google reviews and customer references
- Approach and knowledge; speaking to them can prove helpful, so you know that they’re the right company for you
- Communication and customer service: The roofing company should be easy to communicate with and provide good customer service. This includes being responsive, transparent, and willing to answer any questions or concerns you may have.
- Quality of their workmanship, and if they exceed industry standards (if they do, it’s a good sign!)
- Price & Value: Consider the cost of the roofing work, but also make sure you are getting good value for your money. Low prices may not always be the best option if it means sacrificing quality or service.
- Warranties offered. Ensure the company will still be operating in 8 years to honor the warranties they promise.
- Adherence to safety guidelines to ensure the safety of their employees and your home
- Environmentally responsible is a crucial factor as they ensure that material is properly disposed of and reused in future
Or you could hire Hubbard Roofing & Exteriors!
Hubbard Roofing & Exteriors is your trusted Calgary roofing company. Since 1985, we have provided customers with top-quality roofing in Calgary, specializing in roof replacement, siding repair, and roof repairs. As a family-operated and owned business, we have established ourselves as a trusted source of high-quality work. When you choose Hubbard Roofing & Exteriors, you are not just a customer; you are part of the family. For a free quote on your roofing in Calgary, call us at 403-995-0677.